Old meets New, the Flusche Family at Bahrain Fort

Old meets New, the Flusche Family at Bahrain Fort
Life overseas can be an overwhelming and exciting adventure.
Come be swept away with us in the Kingdom of Bahrain!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Nana-Gigi's Here, Nana-Gigi's Here!!!!"

... were the only six words I remember hearing before my overly excited 5 year old Tanner set off the airport security system. He was so excited to see Nana (my Dad's Mom and therefore HIS Great-grandmother) that he ran right through the security line, past the guards where he set off the noisy alarms and red flashing lights. He almost made it to the door where he saw her in the courtesy wheelchair, almost. He was immediately instructed to quickly turn around and wait BEHIND the yellow line.


After all that ruckus and commotion he certainly deserved the FIRST hug from Nana!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My Nana is an amazing woman! Everybody that meets her LOVES her! In fact my best friend Tobey (who is always Nana's date to weddings and family functions) asks me at least six times a year if she could adopt Nana as her own grandma.

Nana was born in New York City, February 1920. That makes her almost 91! She's sharp as a tack and tells some of the best stories. She's also quite the trooper for making the trip to Tulsa each and every year. We were so blessed that she arranged her trip to fall when we were visiting from Bahrain because otherwise I would have to go two whole years without seeing her. And THAT just would NOT do!

The last time Nana saw Gavin was at his Christening. At the time he was 9 months old and now he's nearly two!

I love this next series of photographs, it features three of my favorite people. Dad, Gavin and Nana. My Daddy was cracking jokes AND trying to get Gavin to sit still (yeah, right! Good luck with that!). Gavin was being a stinker. A complete "wiggle-worm" laughing and playing on my Dad's lap. Nana was so cute watching the silliness unfold. Pay attention to the look on her face as the series of photos unwind...






Do you see it?

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! Isn't she beautiful? The last photo displays the sheer essence of Nana. The pure joy of being a Mom, a Grandma and a Gigi (Great-Grandma)... that's her, my sweet-sweet Nana (and one of my best friends).

Nana, thank you for making the special effort to spend this precious time with us. See you next December, I love you! XOXO