Old meets New, the Flusche Family at Bahrain Fort

Old meets New, the Flusche Family at Bahrain Fort
Life overseas can be an overwhelming and exciting adventure.
Come be swept away with us in the Kingdom of Bahrain!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

EID MUBARAK! (HAPPY EID)

I know that lately I have been posting about our Tulsa, OK trip... and I still have more Tulsa stories to post but quite a few post worthy things have been happening here! I would like to stay current so you can enjoy the "local happenings" along with us. That being said, EID was the week before last.

The country just celebrated it's second EID of the year. This EID is the second and last of the year. The children who attend school (including Tanner's school, The Bahrain School) enjoyed a week off from school as part of the festivities. Monday morning of EID (while we were still hanging out in our jammies) I heard our front gate ring. I picked up the security phone that has an intercom to the gate. While on the phone I heard what sounded like children singing. Then they all cheered "EID MUBARAK!!!"



All at once I remembered visiting the Bahrain National Museum and reading about a day during EID where children dress in traditional clothing or fancy party clothes and go singing from house to house collecting candy, nuts and other delicious treats. I shouted to Tanner to grab his Halloween candy and meet me in the entryway. We poured the candy into a big glass bowl and greeted the children with a great big "EID MUBARAK!!!" They loved seeing us so excited and thanked us for the candy with a sweet "Shukran!" (Thank you)

No comments: