Old meets New, the Flusche Family at Bahrain Fort

Old meets New, the Flusche Family at Bahrain Fort
Life overseas can be an overwhelming and exciting adventure.
Come be swept away with us in the Kingdom of Bahrain!

Friday, January 20, 2012

On the move again!

As you may have guessed due to my long blogging leave of absence ~ WE'VE MOVED! (AGAIN!!!)

I'm happy to announce we are back home in the greatest country in the world and settling into our "new normal" in Jacksonville, Florida.

I would hate for you to have missed out on what an over-seas move looks like... so I plan on sharing the experience through photos. While witnessing the "delight" of an over-seas pack-out keep in mind that our belongings were boxed mid November... I currently sit on an air-mattress in a "not so furnished" house as I am still waiting for our household goods to arrive.

But, rest assured because we expect our items to reach Jacksonville sometime around the end of February. Yup! You read that right, if all goes well by the end of February I'll be up to my eyeballs in boxes... IF all goes well. (*sigh* I love the Navy. I love the Navy. I love the navy. *sigh*) ENJOY!

Tables are soooo over rated, pizza tastes just as good sitting on a 3 foot cardboard box!
Is this for real?
Someone was VERY upset to see that the packers boxed up his "Night-Night" (crib)!
Somehow riding your brother's scooter through your old bedroom while surrounded by the perfect cardboard box obstacle course makes it all better! Boxed up Night-Night? What Night-Night?
Oh My! This is what it feels like to see everything you own carried down 6 flights of stairs (because the elevator was "broken") only to be left out in the grass while it was raining. (IT NEVER RAINS IN BAHRAIN!!! WHY ON OUR MOVING DAY DOES IT RAIN, SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?)

Again, the only reason we go through this maddening process every 2-4 years is because we LOVE the military life (that and "free medical" WOOOHOOO!) February 30th can't get here fast enough! ;)


No comments: