Old meets New, the Flusche Family at Bahrain Fort

Old meets New, the Flusche Family at Bahrain Fort
Life overseas can be an overwhelming and exciting adventure.
Come be swept away with us in the Kingdom of Bahrain!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Oh how I miss the Bahrain that I love...

... please tell me it will return again soon.

AND when I say soon I mean, VERY soon.

AND when I say VERY soon I mean, 17 days or less soon.

My parents are coming to visit in mid March. I want to show them the amazing country that I have been living in for the last year. I want to feel safe going to the souqs again. Hell, I want to feel safe going to City Center again. Is that asking too much?!?! Actually, I feel a little selfish for even asking (well, OK, a-lot-of selfish) but this is MY blog. This is MY brain you pick when you come here so I guess I can be a little selfish, right? Just a little? Maybe?

It's now Monday evening (Feb 21) and for the past seven days this country has been turned upside down. We have shielded the children but our adult family members have experienced a whole slew of feelings over our host country. Everything from surprise to anger, fear to sadness and even a bout of depression. It hurts to see all the...

Well, now, see that is where I have to stop.

As a military spouse, a guest in this amazing country, I have been asked by the powers that be not to post opinions due to the sensitivity of the matter. This is hard for me because I have some very strong opinions. I feel like I could blog about the past week for the next two days and barely skim the surface. I will. After things settle down and return to normal. I will. I promise.

I hope it's OK for me to post that one should NOT believe everything the "American Media Cesspool" force-feeds you. Especially when common sense tells you one thing and the New York Times tells you something completely different. When things don't exactly "add up" consider the motivations of the writers who hope to be "Johnny On The Spot" and slander a country to make their Pulitzer Prize lusting "mark on the news". I lost all respect for one journalist in particular for rewriting history this week. He will need more than a free haircut to change his image. Shame.

Well, there I go.
I did it.
I did what we were asked not to do.
Sort of...

Then again. This is MY blog, deal with it.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Amen sister. We are praying with you for peace. Thinking of you oh so very often...love you...Teri