Old meets New, the Flusche Family at Bahrain Fort

Old meets New, the Flusche Family at Bahrain Fort
Life overseas can be an overwhelming and exciting adventure.
Come be swept away with us in the Kingdom of Bahrain!

Friday, February 4, 2011

I scream, you scream, we ALL scream for ice cream!



This Christmas my creative parents really thought outside of the box and came up with a delicious idea! We were very excited to receive a Cuisinart 2 quart electric ice cream maker. YES - ELECTRIC ice cream maker.

No salt, no cranking - NO CRYING!
This machine is AMAZING!



This is my first attempt at chocolate ice cream. It was so rich and yummy, the boys just couldn't get enough! Tanner says it's the best batch I have made so far.

I use the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Cookbook (also from my parents) and have made several batches of vanilla based ice cream. I have added Heath Bar crumbles to one batch and chocolate chips to another. My personal favorite is B&J's vanilla with my own twist: crushed Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. Yeah, that was your belly rumbling.

You WANT this ice cream.
You NEED this ice cream.

So, come on down to "Jann's Ice Creamery of Bahrain" and I'll make a fresh batch in your honor. Did I say it only takes 25 minutes from start to eat? ;) You know you want some!