Old meets New, the Flusche Family at Bahrain Fort

Old meets New, the Flusche Family at Bahrain Fort
Life overseas can be an overwhelming and exciting adventure.
Come be swept away with us in the Kingdom of Bahrain!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Getting a piece of my "Jann" back!

I met a new friend last week named Angela.

Angela's oldest son Marco goes to school with Tanner, the boys are both new to the Nadeen School so they have become fast friends. Today I went to my first coffee (A la Corpus Christi style)!!! Thank goodness for Starbucks, it's like a universal Mommy play date location (that probably has something to do with the obscene amounts of caffeine per square inch)!

Angela is GREAT, her family moved to Bahrain a week after we did. The two of us are in the same life-stage and have shared many of the same "strange" experiences. You know, there is comfort in knowing that you are not the only person who thinks the yellow light system and the non-urgency lifestyle around here is outrageous!

Angela and her family are from South Africa. Her husband travels to Saudi Arabia (nearly a one hour commute) each morning to work for an oil/chemicals company. They have two little boys, Marco who will be 5 in March and her youngest son is two. They are currently looking for a villa on the island to purchase.

It was super to have some "girl time" today and to get to know a new friend. I've been feeling a little lonely over the past few weeks and this morning I feel like I got a little piece of my "Jann" back - YAY!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you made a new friend! It's always nice to have someone to talk about your husband with, LOL!

Jeremy and Dana Higgins said...

She is a very lucky gal to have you as a friend! Hugs!